The Bloggers Hangout | Bloggers Fashion Week



Hi Everyone!


I hope you are all well and enjoying the long bank holiday weekend.


On Monday 21st March, I attended the Bloggers Fashion Week (#BLFW) organised by The Blogger Hangout which I was super happy to have been invited to! I want to start off by saying that I truly enjoy and appreciate such events whereby you actually have the opportunity to interact with fellow bloggers, brands and founders and hear their story.






There were numerous brands showcased at the event covering a range of categories including nail arts, hair, beauty, fashion, accessories, and beverages.

For this post I include below some images taken from the event along with products, links to the websites and some little discount codes which you can use!! :) Once I have had the opportunity to try the some of the products which we were kindly gifted, I can write a more in depth post and give you my thoughts on them.


When we arrived, a lovely lady from THUMBSUP NAILS introduced us to the brand, a London based designer nail wraps. As you can see from the image below, they have a variety of designs and the one that stands out to me is the beautiful tribal print.

 
Left SENSATIONAIL ; Right LAB 2 BEAUTY

I was very excited to see the presence of a number of skin care brands. As someone who has sensitive skin, I am usually in search of natural products in the hope that I can find that product which will not affect my skin negatively with an overwhelming amount of chemicals. I was pleasantly surprised to see a variety of products where harsh chemicals and animal testing were avoided and natural ingredients were the key.


One of the brands which stood out to me the most was PURE POTIONS. Natalie Balmond, the founder of Purepotions, was present at the event and kindly provided us with more information about the line and how it was developed from her seeking a product that would suit her daughter Lula’s skin given that she suffered from chronic eczema. There are a number of products available including daily creams, ointments, oils and a variety of salves. I was moved by her story and the moral behind the products created and certainly felt a connection.

 

Amie means friend in French and is also the name of a natural skin care and beauty range for sensitive skin. Suitable for vegans & vegetarians, and with the promise of no animal testing, parabens, mineral oils, sulphates, GM ingredients or petrochemicals it makes this product certainly one that I look forward to trying.


WELEDA launched in the 1920’s. Today it’s a manufacturer of holistic natural cosmetics as well as pharmaceuticals for anthroposophical therapy.


JURLIQUE is another brand which believes in utilising natural ingredients in their products, the most iconic of which are grown in Adelaide Hills. The Rosewater balancing mist spells absolutely delightful!


Check out the STVDIO displays below… initially I had no idea that those cupcakes on the stands were not actually cupcakes… they’re soaps/bath products! You can use code CUPCAKE25 for 25% off if you would like to try them.
 



As we approached the IOMA stand, it was clear that this was a higher end skin care brand. We were greeted by a gentleman who introduced the brand and explained that vision of Ioma is personalised skincare; tailoring the product to the needs of the skin of each individual. They had a skin measuring device which analysed your skin to determine the needs of your skin so that the product could be tailored based on features such as moisture and fine lines. It was rather interested but sadly we did not get a chance to try this funky piece of technology given the high interest and thus queue! They also have an app to monitor your skins progress.

Left  TIMELESS TRUTH facial beauty masks; Top KENNETH TURNER the floral scents of the candles, cream and home fragrance was lovely! Bottom  THE CURL COMPANY for curly and wavey hair




I have not come across BERRY WHITE drinks before. I must admit I like their ethos ‘tastes good, good for you, and good for others’. They come in various flavours with the option of sparkling or still and is organic and with no added sugar. What stood out to me was that for every bottle purchased, they make a donation to their charity Berrywhite Foundation.


During particular intervals in the evening there was a fashion aswell. I thoroughly enjoyed the event and would like to thank everyone who made this a special experience. Did you attend the #BLFW event or have you tried these products before? Would love to hear from you!


Till next time


Sheen xxx


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts